According to the current FFP legislation, eight separate punishments are to be taken against clubs for breaking regulations, and are ranked in order of severity:
1. Reprimand / Warning
3. Points deduction
4. Withholding of revenue from a UEFA competition
5. Prohibition to register new players for UEFA competitions
6. Restrictions on how many players a club can register for UEFA competitions
7. Disqualification from a competition in progress
8. Exclusion from future competitions
Three Clubs Punished by UEFA in 2018
. FK Vardar
. Levski Sofia
. Sporting Lisbon
These clubs were sanctioned by UEFA for breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, with two facing a one season-ban from continental competition unless they make overdue payments.
FK Vardar of Macedonia and Bulgarian side Levski Sofia were not able to compete in the next Europa League or Champions League competition for which they qualify in the next two seasons unless they prove that they have paid their “overdue payables”.
While Portuguese side Sporting were fined 50,000 euros for making overdue payments after the deadlines set by UEFA’s Club Financial Control Body.